At what age do you ''Start'' taking your kiddies camping?

Example: Under 1yr of age, grade school, etc

emily1230

Asked by emily1230 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I started taking my daughter at about 3 months.But it was nice,not to cold or hot.Were big campers though.Its hard though because of all the baby essentials you have to bring.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 11:30 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• A few months old.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:31 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• As soon as summer rolls around. Age shouldn't matter.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 11:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My kids started camping in the back yard at about 5 or 6, we actually went camping for the first time at 8 I think.
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 11:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I would say any age.  We've only camped once and that was while we were moving cross country this summer.  The kids were 10, 8 1/2, 7 1/2, 4 and 4 weeks old and we were tenting it in a state park (we were just about the only people there).  It was a lot of fun but I wished we had more time.  We basically got there, set up the tent, ate dinner and went to bed.  Got up, had breakfast, took the tent down, packed the truck up and left.  And we forgot matches so we couldn't light our fire to do marshmallows (which we had, lol).  The weekend before school started we set the tent up in the backyard and let the big kids camp out.  They had so much fun.  Wish we had a fire pit in the yard.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• We camp ALOT...pretty much all summer when we can. We took my son, who was born in early July camping that same summer. I just wore him most of the time. I don't think we would take them that early if we were tent camping though...
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 11:35 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Never? I'm not a camper, the thought of it kills me. But we went this past year and had a great time. My kids were 15, 7 and 4.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:41 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i took dd for the first time when she was 2wks old.....but were big campers....she is 7 now and we camp all year long.....she will be going with us for the first time when we hunt at the end of the month.....she will stay at camp with a family member tho
    macksmom716

Answer by macksmom716 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I told my son as soon as he asked that "Mom does not camp." To me camping is staying at a hotel without room service. I guess if you like camping you can take them as soon as the weather is not too cold or hot.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 1:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• 6 monthes or older
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2010