uh oh.... adult content

I had my first child the first of October.I have been feeling fine and my husband and I tried to have intercourse before my 6 week appointment. We mainly just tested the waters and it hurt a little like I was tearing so we stopped. The next day I started what I believe is my period and I am having horrible cramps. Should I be worried?? I know it was a stupid thing to do, but the heat of the moment got us and we thought we could just "give it a try".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think your cramps have anything to do with sex, I had awful cramps for the first few periods after all three kids. Talk to your OB about it if you're concerned, but I'm guessing there is nothing to worry about.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• If you have a medical concern like the one you're having, its best to talk with a trained professional that can help you.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:42 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• You can have cramps after for your period for your uterus contracting back into shape, and I forget the name of it but its after birth pains that feel like contractions.....Call your nurse if your worried but I bled for like 6 weeks!!! Nastiness!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Your oh-who needs to heal, that is all that is going on. Most people don't wait as long as they should, and there is not usually a problem. Let your obgyn know if it doens't stop and again don't be embarresed that you didn't wait, they know that most people don't. NEVER be embarressed to talk to your obgyn, there is NOTHING they haven't heard before.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• The first few periods after the baby's birth are usually painful, your hormones still up & down.. I wouldn't worry much.
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2010