How do you get through the morning sickness?

ASh2554

Asked by ASh2554 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• One thing that helped me was to chew minty flavored gum =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:46 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• lol, by puking a lot. Sorry! I am just remembering waking up at 2am to go throw up...*sigh* I do not miss that part at all. Sorry honey, but I don't really think that there is anything you can do, except do not NOT eat. It doesn't help, and its better to absorb SOME of the nutrients before you throw it all back up. I remember once I was making a cake...the batter looked SO good...I had less than a teaspoon of it, and it immediately came back up...I was so sad :( lol

Do you know what is making you sick? Are you taking your vitamins at night? Or is it just everything? You can try to watch for a pattern, such as this food makes me sick, or I get sick if I eat at this time of the day, etc. And see if you can monitor it that way, other than that its really just one big waiting game.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:47 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Its been awhile for me, but one thing that I remember did work for me. Before I raised my head up, I would eat like 2 or 3 saltine crackers.. Try that b4 you even raise your head to get out of bed.. I know its horrible.. I feel for ya.. Good luck..
    honeys_sugamama

Answer by honeys_sugamama at 11:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I can't remember exactly, but I know more sickness is caused by a lack of something in your diet. I had it a little bit this last pregnancy at the most random times. Make sure you are eating 6 small meals daily rather than 3 large meals with about 20 grams of protein per meal. Stay hydrated. Eat fruits and veggies. Until your body regulates, try keeping a package of crackers and a bottle of water next to the bed in the morning and the middle of the night and eat and drink a little before you stand up. -Also try taking your prenatals during the day rather than in the morning or at night.
    CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 12:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Dedicated is right on!

It is proven that mint/peppermint helps an upset tummy. I know that I had a horrible time with sickness. I ended up taking flinstone vitamins instead of prenatals. I took one in the morning and one at night.
    Crackers are a god send. Also, I learned that eating every couple of hours helped too. I would get a snack first thing in the morning before breakfast, then a snack, then lunch then a snack then dinner.
    I didn't snack on candy bars FTR lol
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 12:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• LEMON LEMON LEMON. Smell it, eat it, whatever. But just the aroma of it will ease your tummy. Try to eat something before you get up as stated above. Some saltines and water before you rise outta bed. Other than that just wait it out.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• no lie, this is what i do. when i feel like i have o hrow up or i start and feel the dry heaves i drink a glass of milk or eat a slice of bread. even now at 37 weeks when i get the urge to heave or get really bad heartburn ill drink a glass of milk and it usually works
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Crackers and ginger ale. Eat it in bed before you get up.
    WalMar_Mom

Answer by WalMar_Mom at 6:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Mint may help with morning sickness, but it is a main causer of heartburn. At least it was for me.

CNLueck

Answer by CNLueck at 11:02 AM on Nov. 2, 2008