Why hasn't the economy been fixed yet?

I mean, c'mon Republicans, it's been THREE DAYS, what's the hold up? Is it fixed yet, is it fixed yet, is it fixed yet????

Fax Bohner and let him know your demands, and that you want him to fix everything RIGHT NOW!

(937) 339-1878
(513) 779-5315
(202) 225-0704

Anouck

Asked by Anouck at 11:50 AM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Anouck, once again, I'm wishing we could vote up the answers given by the OP.

Re-post this question three days after he gets the crown and scepter. I think that's about how much time President Obama was given before the "Well, how 'bout that Hopey-changey stuff" type questions began.  I find huge irony, too, in those who are already making excuses for his inaction (for actions he can't take yet) and blaming the Democrats for things that haven't even happened yet.  They would accept no such excuses about the roadblocks our president has had to face. . .

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 2:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Why hasn't the economy been fixed yet?

Because Pelosi is still in charge until January.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Excuses, NotPanicking, we don't want to hear those. We expect results RIGHT THIS INSTANT, same way you all expected Obama to wave a magic wand. FIX IT. FIX IT NOW!

You lost. Get over it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I AM very disturbed that so far, all I've heard as far as plans for the future goes is "Our main goal is to make Obama a one term president". Not "Here's what we need to do to create jobs"

Read a little more detail. It goes something like this:
    Here's what we need to do to create jobs, fix healthcare and improve the economy - our main goal is to make Obama a one term president, because while he's still in office, he will stonewall and veto everything we try to do just to save face with his base in hopes they'll vote for him again.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yes, have them come in before they are sworn in to office legally and start taking over- I am sure that will work!
    You need to wait a bit until they actually take office for your lame analogies. Is there anyone that expected Obama to fix something prior to taking office? Wait the nearly 2 years that Obama has had and then start with this crap....
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 12:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• oh yeah, like I didn't get it....sarcasm usually has some truth or logic behind it- just because I think your attempt at humor or sarcasm is lame does not mean I don't have a sense of humor-it just means your whiny sense of humor leaves me flat.... hahahaha- hows that?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 12:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• That's a great question. Obama's been in office for two years...why isn't the economy fixed yet?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Would have been a lot better if it wasn't for the GOP being a little bitch, though...

Bullshit. The Dems had a supermajority. They had a full year in which they had complete and total control and nobody could stop them no matter how badly they wanted to. You didn't get the plan you wanted because even the majority of Dems knew it was a bad idea and refused to support it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Why would Republicans work WITH him if their ideals are a complete 180degrees from Obama's? Were you really so ignorant to expect them to just leave their ideals behind and run off in the flowery pastures voting YAY on all of the dem proposals? WTF? Are we really that stupid to think that one party should just give up it's ideals because the other 'won'? 2 Years of a super majority was plenty of time to pass the crap they were pushing. If they didn't get it done, BLAME THEM. They didn't need republicans. They shut them out of the conversations and meetings. How exactly did you expect them to work with Obama? Slide notes under the door respectfully requesting to sit in on the meeting? Seriously. Y'all need to get past your bitterness and realize that nothing in government changes.

Let the down voting commence.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Obama's definition of working with him is " do as I say. If you don't, you aren't working with me."
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2010