My SO is a truckdriver. Where is he suppose vote if he is out on the road in another state?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• He won't be able to. He would have to vote where he is registered.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 11:48 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• He needs to vote early or by absentee ballot - whichever your state allows. My hubby is a truck driver and he voted yesterday.
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 11:55 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Lolosmom is incorrect, He needs to get an absentee ballot, however I don't know exactly what the dead line is to receive one. My brother is in Iraq, and he already voted. My father is on medical hold in Mississippi (he is Colorado) and he did the absentee thing as well.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 12:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I sent in my absentee ballot weeks ago. Unless he's coming home Monday, it's probably too late. You can call your local courthouse or maybe even chamber of commerce and find out for sure.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• If he is registered he (or you) would have to have requested an absentee ballot for him which he could fill out and mail in, but it's too late now.
    athenax3

Answer by athenax3 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• If he DID have an absentee ballot, it would, indeed, be too late to mail it in - BUT we can still bring our absentee ballots to certain locations, like a City Hall, which are collecting them now. You are good on the computer, look and find your state's voter department - in California it is the Secretary of State, Voter Division ... and they have phone numbers you can call with every question you need answered. ... It may be too late in your state to get hold of an absentee ballot, but in some states you can do things more quickly.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• He should have asked for an absentee ballot. If he does have one, it must be in election official's hands no later than Tuesday. The post mark date does not matter - only when it is actually received.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• He should have gotten an absentee ballot in his home state.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• It's too late to send in an absentee ballot, I believe.
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 4:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2008