If I point out a pretty woman or a handsome man... in person, in print, or on tv/movie.....

do you think it is rude to the person Im with. Is it the same as saying "hey they look hot and your a pices of poo"

OR

am I simply pointing out that the other person is pretty and it has nothing to do with the person Im with... Im simply commenting on the other person.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I think it depends on how you point it out. I will point out an attractive person and say something like "wow, she/he has gorgeous eyes!" or somthing like that. I dont think a comment like that should be taken to mean that you are putting down your partner.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I'm going with the second scenario. I've never understood how someone can take a compliment to another person as an insult to their self.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Unless you're literally saying, "Wow, this person looks so much better than you!" I don't see how it can be an insult.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010