He still doesn't get it! (and I don't think he ever will)

Under the heading on DrudgeReport: "Obama tells 60 Minutes: It's not policies that were rejected, it was failed communication skills"

NEW YORK (CBS) — After a suffering a “shellacking” in the midterm elections, President Obama acknowledges what many have seen as his chief weakness – failing to sell the importance of several legislative milestones to the American people.

“I think that’s a fair argument. I think that, over the course of two years we were so busy and so focused on getting a bunch of stuff done that, we stopped paying attention to the fact that leadership isn’t just legislation. That it’s a matter of persuading people. And giving them confidence and bringing them together. And setting a tone,” Mr. Obama told 60 Minutes’ Steve Kroft in an exclusive interview set to air Sunday.

In his eyes they (the dems) know best and we are just too stupid to understand. Anyone surprised by this? I'm not!

DSamuels

Asked by DSamuels at 12:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Link :)

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/11/05/obama-acknowledges-failures-says-leadership-isnt-just-legislation/

DSamuels

Comment by DSamuels (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I absolutely agree with him. I think most people don't have a clue what actually HAS been accomplished these past 2 years.

http://www.hopeandchange.net/2009/11/90-accomplishments-of-obama.html

Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• In his eyes they (the dems) know best and we are just too stupid to understand. Anyone surprised by this? I'm not!

------------------------------------------
    I think you are reading some bad stuff into his comments.I think you are assuming and feeling some vague, insecure and self-doubting impressions and feeling persecuted and blaming Obama and democrats ....
    He says they should have communicated better with the general public. Many Democrats disagreed with him too.
    Don't assume they think Republicans are dumb. That is just your hang-up. Get over it.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• When exactly did he stop trying to persuade people? He's always going somewhere and stumping something... If he stumped anymore, he'd injure himself.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't place money on that bet were I Obama. It absolutely IS his policies that I disagree with. They did too much communicating about how we would like what they were serving once they passed it. Nobody bothered with explaining what it was that they were serving up. His campaign slogan was 'Change You Can Believe In' and it should have been 'Change We Refuse To Define'.

I wouldn't expect anything less from him.  It's hard to say that your whole agenda is failing and dragging the country down with it.  Besides, he can't admit he was wrong yet, he still has to get things through in the Lame Duck.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

Actually, I think most people do have a clue and that's why the elections were what they were.
    DSamuels

Comment by DSamuels (original poster) at 12:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

•  It's not policies that were rejected, it was failed communication skills"

Agree 100%. Most people have no clue what's been done.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Hehe.....such denial and such prejudce.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I think you are reading some bad stuff into his comments.I think you are assuming and feeling some vague, insecure and self-doubting impressions and feeling persecuted and blaming Obama and democrats ....

Wow, just WOW! Do you ASSume much? I do not feel persecuted at all. Blaming Obama and democrats, yeah, placing blame where it's due. It's not my hang-up, it's theirs. To me it just shows his arrogance.
    DSamuels

Comment by DSamuels (original poster) at 12:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• How many speeches did he give on the big stuff? How many times did we hear the same old lines? He doesn't have a clue. Never will. He is so wrapped up in his little world it never crosses his mind some people think he's wrong.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 12:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2010