I have a neighbor that's talking "bad" about me do I confront her or ignore her?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Why give her justification of making you feel bad by confrontation? She wants you to acknowledge you know what she is doing that is why she is doing it. Just forget about her and if someone says "So-n-so said this or that" Just correct them and let thm know that So-n-so is incorrect and leave it at that. I wouldnt give her the satisfaction of knowing she is getting to you because ignoring her might frustrate her more than confrontation!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• What would it change? Her not talking about you anymore? So high school...ignore this woman and continue doing what you do..,.there are people in this world that will talk about you...you have to get that thick layer of skin on and keep doing YOU! You cannot stop someone from talking about you...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Who cares. My neighbors do it all the time. I can't contol how they feel or what comes out of their mouths. I even had one call the cops and tell them we were abusing our dogs by starving them and leaving them out in the rain. Which is really funny seeing as they are house dogs, so there is no way she could know. I guess the cop was really convinced when my dogs ran to the door and jumped and licked him. Some people just don't mind their own business.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• nothing will hurt better than ignoring ppl when they talk bad
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 12:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Ignore it! More power to you!
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I think it depends on who she says it to.If she says it where your kids can hear it, Then confront her.But it she says it to people you don't give a hoot what they think, let it go.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• If you're asking about it on CM I'd guess that it really bothers you and since it does bother you, then I would confront her.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• it would depend on what she was talking bad about. if it was just she didn't like this or that about me i would let it go. if it was about stuff that wasn't true and it would hurt my husband and kids or family i would say something. so yea it would depend.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have neighbors that talk about us all the time. I ignore it. If they r on my property,then I call police for tresspassing. They try to do things to our property,they r a**holes!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• if you got the information from a reliable source, say something, but proceed with caution because whether or not a reliable source, you still did not hear it directly. just tell her that someone told you "......" and you hope it isn't true but if it is, why?
    sleepymamaof3

Answer by sleepymamaof3 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2010