heavy flows.... adult content

i just had my third period since i had my baby last nov of 09. i expected the first one to be real heavy and then the second was too, yet again the third one as well. what the heck is going on? are they always going to be this heavy or will they subside a bit? if so when? how long and how many heavy periods did you have before you went back to normal. they are so heavy, i leak all the time. i do double protection with super tampons and pads. i change them out like every 1-2 hrs and it lasts like 5 days straight. how can someone bleed so much.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Health

• Could be a change in your cycle. My cycles changed after each child.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Mine have always been heavy and long (more like 8 days, your 5 would be wonderful for me), and nothing changed after my child was born. If anything is not normal for you, I suggest you speak to your OBGYN about it.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I went on birth control pills because I bled so heavily that I'd become anemic. After a few months on the pill, the periods pretty much were down to one day and I could barely "soak" one tampon!
    CCMom123BetsyR

Answer by CCMom123BetsyR at 12:37 AM on Nov. 7, 2010