Has anyone heard about Obama's aunt living here in the U.S. illegally?

Obama claims he didn't know anything about this situation (even though we are talking about his aunt)...She was instructed to leave 4 years ago by an immigration judge after her request for asylum from Kenya was denied...she has since been living in public housing in Boston....this seems strange...how do you live in public housing and be here illegally after be told to leave by an immigration judge?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah I was just reading that a little while ago. Interesting. Of course hes going to prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Who cares? Is she running for president? No.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Her mistakes shouldn't be a reason to dislike him. If we're going to go with that, consider Sarah Palin's 16 year old daughter being pregnant when she has taught her children to be abstinent until marriage.
    oh__you

Answer by oh__you at 12:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Being 16 and pregnant is not against the law!
    Anonymous

• He's claiming to know nothing about it...how many of you wouldn't know something like this about one of your relatives?
    Anonymous

• My mom was here illegally and I did not know it until I was 17 years old and she got her citizenship. Her Visa ran out when I was 5 (apparently) and she never renewed and then was given the choice when I was 17 to either be sent back home or become a citizen. (We are from Germany...my mother and I were German citizens, but I have duel citizenship thanks to my father).

So, yes Anon, you can absolutely NOT know that your family is here illegally unless they tell you about it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• This is a HALF aunt - his father's half sister - do you know all the relatives you have? What they do, where they are? He only knew his father for about a month. I have half realtives that I have not even met, and Im sure we all do somewhere. If he helps her, then he is using is power to help a relative - if he does nothing, then "where is his compassion"? It's nonsense. That's his HALF aunt's problem, not HIS.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• "how many of you wouldn't know something like this about one of your relatives?"

You can't tell something like that just by looking at someone. The only way to know for sure is if they tell you. How do I know this? I'm in a relationship with a guy that has some illegal people in his family. There are also legal people in his family. I couldn't tell you which ones were which unless he points them out to me.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Ok...then I will assume he is "Out of Touch" with his relatives!?
    Anonymous

• Being a young child versus a grown man are two different things>Carolyn
    Anonymous