Does your guy do this?

I do love my husband.but for the most part he is lazy.And thinks all the housework is my job.But for the last two days he has cooked.And not been sitting around infront of the tv.Usually it means he wants to fool around.But he hasn't asked for that.Does your guy change his behaviors and not tell you why?I would like to know why but he really won't say.I would like to think that this time it will stick.But it won't.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Dont give up on him! Maybe he just wants to give you a break right now. Enjoy it! Mine does NOT cook or clean. That is my responsibility and Im ok with that because that was the expectation before we got married.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Maybe he's just feeling ambitious and trying to be nice. I'd enjoy it while it last.
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• no my guy is extremely predictable. although he helps out quite often like he did the kitchen last night but he didn't do it the night before like i told him to. sometimes i get to many chores that need to get done that he gets to help out. so he did.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Hmm... I've been married for 20 years and I'd say if they had tendencies towards that behavior, it continues. About 5 years ago my hubby started taking over the cooking. He now does 95 % of it. He has always cooked on and off but since his schedule changed and freed up more time, he ends up doing the cooking. Had he never cooked in the past, I don't think he would have taken over now.

As for the fooling around.. maybe he finally realized that you are tired and if he wants some, he better pick up some of the work load so you have energy for him..lol
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• He cooks off and on, usually when it's something he really likes and wants it done a certain way. He helps out off and on. But yes, I would say that when he does something nice without being asked to help, it is usually with an ulterior motive.
    Anonymous

• mine does it when i'm sick. he took care of the girls and dinner for me on sunday. his only day off to catch up on sleep i might add.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Thumbs up!! He cooked for two days...? That is very good... and if he wants to be romantic...Why not?
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• believe it or not, but SOMETIMES men do things like that just because they love & appreciate you. It's a lot easier for men to show appreciation with actions rather than words.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Just enjoy it. Maybe he's just feeling especially good and wants to give you a break. Don't ask him why, that will make it seems like you think he only does something to get something. The more you praise him and show that you appreciate, the more inclined he will be to continue. Honestly, it always makes me feel extra sexy when my DH helps around the house. I don't wait for him to ask, I show him I'm in a loving mood.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My DH cleans the house and such but never changes his behaviours for certain needs. He just tells me what he needs or how he is feeling. We have a very open communications relationship and are not afraid to say what we want and when we want it...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2010