I am very afraid of labor pains!

when i had my first daughter i was 15 and i didn't went to doctor or anything! and i only knew that she was borning when i saw the water coming and a woman in the street helped to go to the hospital... And that was the most painfull thing i ever pass through and that made me so scared.
now with 16 pregnant with my second child i can't stopp thinking about the pain! is it normal? you felt the same when you were having your second baby?

Sofiah

Asked by Sofiah at 12:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Usually the second one comes quicker than the first.And easier.Unless there is complications.But you are young.And need to focus on the two you have.Wait till you are older and on your feet to have more.Be young while you can.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Have you taken prenatal classes that talk about pain management techniques, either through breathing or massage or pain medication?
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 12:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Epidural! No one needs to prove they are superwoman while giving birth.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 12:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Every pregnancy is different and every labor is different. Just because its your second child doesn't mean the labor will be shorter or longer. No one can tell that...but are you getting prenatal care this time with your baby? I
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have 3 kids and the epidural is the way to go.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I agree, you dont need to be a hero. Get the epidural!
    jamiep828

Answer by jamiep828 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Epidural for sure but remember every labor is different and with each child (for me at least) it got easier with my first I had problems with preclamsia and in labor 6 hours and pushed for 3 with my second I labored for bout 3 hours and she was out in 2 pushes the third was easier than that!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 2:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Sounds like you need some counseling to help you deal with the trauma of your first birth experience. You should also look into prenatal classes (you can even take some especially for teens!) Also talk to you health care provider about pain management during labour. It is normal to be nervous or scared about the pain, but if you educate yourself you can overcome this fear.
    You don't have to sit and let this happen to you, This can be an empowering experience, not one to be afraid of.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 12:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It's very hard to say for sure - but don't be scared. anxiety about pain makes pain worse that it has to be.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 5:29 PM on Nov. 6, 2010