My teen says all the time there is nothing to eat in the house, do you go through this?

My daughter is so picky....''

Mind you there is cheese, peanut butter, nutelle, bread, tuna, cereal, pizza, hotdogs, speghetti, bagels, soup opps not her favorite kind just chicken, cereal bars. I can go on and on but I won't. Mac and cheese, no she don't eat it, apples, tangerines.....

She wants pizza, or wendys... Do I look like a millionaire, no and if I was i would not be eating that junk. Not that I don't like the junk, I just wouldn't eat it all the time. Her Aunts pic it up for her, I told them not anymore...

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I buy foods that my son can microwave and that are easy for him to make. I do NOT believe in making a child starve, it is wrong. My son WOULD starve before he ate something he doesn't like. I don't make him separate meals but I ALWAYS make sure there is atleast 1 thing he will eat and if he doesn't like what we are having, he can have cereal or a sandwich.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• all the time. my answer to my kids is eat what i give you or starve. end of story. i don't have money to eat out all the time. it could be worst there could be no food in the house at all.
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• haha I'm an adult and I still do that, but it's all due to eating habits lol. For me it's the convenience factor. Sure there is a ton of food in the house...I just don't want to cook it. I want that instant satisfaction. Luckily I've been better about since having my son cuz I want to teach him to eat right.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• IM living in the house that my lil brother and sister(19 and16) live and i see it everyday.
    tinkerbella3

Answer by tinkerbella3 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• the thing is they dont want to cook. they want something that they can put in the microwave so they can go to their rooms and eat there..
    tinkerbella3

Answer by tinkerbella3 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Mine never really went through that. They grew up volunteering at a homeless shelter so they knew that saying there was nothing to eat in our house when the cupboards, fridge and freezer wouldn't have floated well. They have seen people who truly have nothing to eat.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• That is difficult in my house as my husband and my oldest are very picky and were catered too. I was brought up to eat what was made or starve. Since I am the cook and the grocery shopper I have made it very clear that you will eat what is cooked or offered or you will go without. After 9 years with my stepson he has finally figured it out. Put your foot down and dont give in although sometimes it seems like it would be easier.
    gterae

Answer by gterae at 5:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• If is not already made or where he can just toss in the Microwave, there isn't nothing to eat.
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 9:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2010