Have you started decorating for Christmas yet, if not, are you going to, and what are your traditions?

Would love to hear how you decorate, what you decorate, if you decorate, and what your traditions are. I put up a tree and decorate the inside of my home, but typically not the outside. This year I will go with my husband to his family's house for Christmas, prior to that I always celebrated with my family. We love to get up early on Christmas morning and let the kids open their gifts from Santa, then it is a special breakfast, followed by getting ready to go to relatives houses. I'm pretty traditional! lol

MaggieNSamsMom

Asked by MaggieNSamsMom at 12:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• We haven't started decorating yet, we probably won't until after Thanksgiving. This is our first year living in our own house, so we are definitely going to go all out. We probably won't do too much decorating inside, besides the tree, table center pieces and the stockings. The outside is where we'll do most of the decorating with the lights, inflatable decorations, etc. I'm excited! :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• We start the very first of Dec. We have to be done by the 5th because we celebrate Sint Nicklaas Dag.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• We start after Thanksgiving. We put up the tree, wrap gifts, put up decorations outside and in. (:
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Typically, before babies were in the picture, and before my hubby was military and we were moving around so much LOL My mom and I would decorate the day after Thanksgiving, or at least start her house the day after. Her and I are like Martha Stuart. You know, the color themed tree, with ribbons tying the bulbs to the tree, not those metal hooks. She has a few different color she rotates through over years. Red, purple and pink, green...and I have green, blue and silver. But last year when I was home with my 2 babies and my niece and nephew here too, the Martha Tree went out the door. We got unbreakable bulbs and just continuously put bulbs back on the tree daily LOL This year we are going to be moving yet again around Christmas. And with a 1 and 2 yr old I'm not sure how much I will decorate. It's been 3 yrs since I have seen most of my decor.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 12:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• We start decorating as soon as that turkey is off the table. The interior is always the most decorated. We go ALL out. We put the stockings,garland and snowmen figurines on the mantle. We having the little christmas town on the end tables. We deck the entertainment center with my mom's collection of different santa clauses she has received over the years. We find some place to put the mistletoe. Having the stickers and frost on the windows... yeah my family LOVES to decorate for christmas. It is just a joyful time of year for all of us.
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 12:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My 17 yr old DD is like Snoopy in the dog house decorating contest. Give that girl a staple gun and a string of lights and look out! We start the day after TG. My DH is into the outside lights too and has purchased a thing that makes the lights dance to music,
    I do a tree, in the front window, a tiny one on the kitchen counter, and in each bedroom a table top tree. Candles everywhere.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Ususaly we get a tree the first week of december. We go to a local tree farm, they give us a saw, and we go find the perfect tree! Its great! Then we take it home, set it up, and decorate it. We have a bunch of inside decorations that I have been collecting, they go on the side tables and around the house wherever they look best. And we do lights on the house, we dont go too crazy like some of the houses in the area, we just went with blue icecle(sp) lights last year. They looked great!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I start right after everyone has left from Thanksgiving dinner I start with the outside stuff 1st. Then I come in and start all of the tree and getting that all set up. The next day after black friday shopping I come home and start decorating the tree which takes me hours to do then I put up all my Christmas Village on my entertainment center and just start filling walls and every nook and cranny I can find. I leave all my snowman stuff until after I take the Christmas decorations down. This has helped me with not being so depressed after all the holidays are gone and all the lights and glitter are gone I still have things to look at and it doesn't seem so plain then I leave all that up until I start outside yard work it has worked wonders doing it this way.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I decorate the inside of the house the week of Thanksgiving. I put out my snowmen collection on the book case, surrounded by garland, we have a shelf we hang our stockings from using some really nice stocking hangers my mom bought us, we hang garland on the chandelier, I put up my old world santa, hang up Christmas cards along the beam in our living room, hang up the Christmas paintings the kids painted and framed, and we have lots of little knick knacks we set up as well as a one-piece Christmas Village that sits on the edge of a shelf and lights up. The first week of december, we go to a Christmas tree farm and cut down the perfect tree and then we bring it home, decorate it with all our ornaments we make each year. Every year we make lots of new ornaments (natural themed), and we also save ones from the previous year. Then we put up lights outside that week too.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Nope not yet.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2010