Did anyone watch Dr. Oz show Tue.? I didn;t but was told about it, and that one of my husband's friends wife called and asked about it. I'm trying to find out where to watch this episode.

did anyone know that per Dr. Oz - peanut butter has rat feces and rat hair in it? I called Smuckers to check to see if Jif did - got a return phone call within 12 hours and was told that "although this is considered acceptable with the FDA and their policies and standards, it is NOT acceptable in any of their Jif facilities or any other J.M. Smucker facility." per Deena from J.M. Smucker....

my4loves3

Asked by my4loves3 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Health

• Yep, I thought it was common knowledge that FDA finds a minute amount acceptable.

Some food colors are made from beetles.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• can you watch it on hulu.com
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 12:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Thanks 2blondebabies.
    Bradenismyson, it doesn't surprise me that more of things like that is in our foods. I mean in other countries things that we find digusting is there banquet. I was just surprised when she told me this that it would be in peanut butter.
    my4loves3

Comment by my4loves3 (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yeah..somehow, peanut butter is a big culprit.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Honestly, just type "hidden things found in food" on Google and you would be appalled by the things that are there.

"Sometimes there are things in food that were meant to be there from the start but still maintain the gross factor regardless. Apparently, a chemical called castoreum (or for the layman, Beaver Anal Glands — seriously) is commonly used in perfumes/colognes and even as a flavor enhancement in raspberry candy. It makes you wonder how they discovered that connection."
    "Carmine which is a red food coloring made from ground up cochineal beetles. This is also found in fruit drinks and other foods such as sauces and bottled cherries. It can sometimes be found in applesauce and Some beers and wines use isinglass as a finishing agent (protein from fish)"

Pretty gross huh?

KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 1:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I saw the episode and it was shocking but you can go to the network website and watch the episodes from there online
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:33 AM on Nov. 8, 2010