What type and size tree do you use at Christmas?

This is our first year living in our own house, so we get to finally have a big tree and not the little three foot tree we've been using the past few years. We always buy artificial because we won't have to worry about buying a real tree every single year. And we have no way to transport it to our house and then to the Christmas tree recycling place after it's over. Just curious about what everyone else uses.

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• I have always used the "Fake Trees" The pine smells give me a massive headache. I have lots my main tree is 7 ft tall and then I have smaller 3" and 4" tress in the rooms throughout our house
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• We have a 10 ft. pre-light tree. LOVE IT. We got it 3 years ago cause it was after christmas and the family was just going to throw it out so they gave it to us for free!! Lucky us!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• we have 5 artificial trees! a 7ft one, two 5ft, two 4ft. trees. i go knda crazy at christmas!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• We always use a real tree. We love the smell of the pine needles. It's amazing. Ours is usually about 7 to 8 feet high but with a HUGE circumference. We either go down to a local farm and cut it down ourselves or to the produce stand down the road that always has AMAZING trees. I don't think I could have christmas without a real tree. I think this year we might do the potted tree..
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 12:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• When I was a child, we used a real tree. My grandfather would get it, bring it home, and actually cut off, and reattach, branches so the tree would be full in the right places. (He owned a landscaping business and had a super talent.) When my parents  moved us  away to another state,  we used a fake tree.  I've been doing the same since I got married.  They keep getting smaller.  We use a table-top tree now. 

christmas tree

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 1:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My tree is 7 and a half foot. White lights usually, but I do have a prelit colored tree I use some years for a change.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• We go every year and spend the day at a Christmas tree farm. We pick out the nicest, fullest live tree we can find. It's normally about 6-7' tall, and HUGE around. The circumference normally takes up a 5-6 foot circle, it completely covers my tree skirt lol. We love real trees, they are so much fuller and nicer than a lot of the fake ones, and cost a lot less! Plus we don't like to use the fake ones because of all the chemicals and lead that are in the artificial ones. It's just wonderful to walk in from a busy day to the smell of the tree.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Always a fresh tree. We go to a tree farm, and hunt for the perfect tree! ITs so fun! The size varies, though ususaly around 6-7 feet. THe smell is the best! I used a fake one once, they are no way at all the same!! I love decorating it, lots of lights, and ornaments.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• DF & I both had fake ones when we were growing up, but we really want to use real ones from now on. So that is what we will do. We have vaulted ceilings so we want a pretty tall one, about 7ft.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:06 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Wow, you guys are lucky! A 10 foot tree wouldn't fit in my house. lol. I think I'll stick with the 6 foot one! :)
    poptart0325

Comment by poptart0325 (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2010