What are you paid in child support for one child?

EverydayMomma

Asked by EverydayMomma at 12:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• It all depends on what your EX makes. My ex husband is an E6 in the military and paid $740 for one, then when our second was born, he had to pay $927. It all depends on what you and he make though. Google (your state) then child support calculator. That should help you get an idea.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 12:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• This depends on the state you live in and the guidelines through family court. Usually it's based on income of both parties and cost of living in the state.
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• In one month? $250.
    Anonymous

• HAHAHA! I have an order that says he is supposed to pay 300$ but the great state of Texas has yet to enforce it. It has only been four years.
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 12:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Usually to enforce child support you have to file a motion for contempt of court and then they will take action
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yep, you can garnish his wages.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 12:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i have a lawyer, but we are trying to negogiate and settle it out of court if possible. So I'm just trying to see what the norm is.
    EverydayMomma

Comment by EverydayMomma (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It varies state by state.. when SO had to pay me it was $347.50 per child per month (we have twins)
    twinmama2009

Answer by twinmama2009 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Take my advice and don't settle it out of court. It's harder to enforce payment that way.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• depending on what state you live in, you can not settle child support out of court- and regardless of what you decide on, it can still be altered by a judge without your consent.
    You should base your predictions on the state child support calculator, not on what other individuals receive.

I am supposed to receive $374/mo for my 2 sons, but the state of SC has yet to enforce it. My ex is now over $4,000 behind in payments. Effing incredible.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2010