My kids school is making boxes for Operation Christmas child

Where people get a shoebox and fill it with toys and things for kids around the world. We can do our own or donate to the classroom box. DD and DS are so excited to start on it! I so far have gotten a good amound of their halloween suckers and put them in the box(cant send chocolate) and some mini cans of playdoh, and will be going out soon to get the rest! Does anyone dc's school do this as well? This year the boxes they make are going to Haiti.

minimo77

Asked by minimo77 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• No, our schools don't do that but, I think that is a wonderful idea. Crayons, coloring books, pencils,markers socks all that kind of stuff would be good in them. Good for you!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yeah it will be fun! They have a big list of ideas and dos' and donts. Apparantly anything that can melt, leak, or get messy is out. So no crayons, lol I cant wait :)
    minimo77

Comment by minimo77 (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2010