your baby can read

has anybody tried/heard about this? Do you know if it works/helps?

Chell.o_0

Asked by Chell.o_0 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm not trying to be snotty but this question is asked literally 1-3 times a week and I'm not even on here that much during the day or on weekends. lol. LINK

Anonymous

• It's memorization, not learning.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 1:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• t does not help. It is a scam pretty much. No baby NEEDS to read and reading to them works a billion times better. It may only reinforce an already learned word vocabulary wise, but, it is no guarantee of a better kid academically.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• They just had a segment on this product on The Today Show a couple of days ago. The verdict... BOGUS.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Sorry, i've never seen it posted. I guess that's my fault.
    Chell.o_0

Comment by Chell.o_0 (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I'm not mad I just expected to get voted down. They should really add this to the frequently asked questions or even the encyclopedia lol.
    Anonymous

• I didn't plan to buy it. I just saw Wal-mart had it now. I also was just wondering by what they show on the ad's on TV for it, if it was serious, or some load of crap.

I wouldn't vote down what you said. I'm not THAT person.
    Chell.o_0

Comment by Chell.o_0 (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Had a friend that had it, it didn't help. If you want your child to read early, it is easy. Start by reading to them every night. Then when they show interest in words, follow them with your finger. THis way your child can pretend to read, so make sure they have access to books. Then when they start to memories books, they can "read" to you. There is a series of books called Bob Books, this is the series that I taught my daughter to read with. I started having her read them when she was reading signs and labels in stores. She devoured them. And now we have evolved to the developing reading books.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Where did you get these Bob Books? We have close to 100 books. I always find my self reading the same books every day though.
    Chell.o_0

Comment by Chell.o_0 (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• there was a story about this on I think the Today show ..They say its BS and I think it is.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2010