Headaches caused by cavities??

My son is 4 and unfortunately has 6 cavities!!! Dentist told me he is more suseptable to them and his teeth are crowded. He said they can wait until January to be filled so I can add him to my dental plan. However he is complaining of headaches a lot. I've already decided to just bite the bullet and get them filled now so he's not in pain, but does anyone this his headaches are due to his cavities and he's having a hard time explaining the pain. Because when he had an ear infection he was saying his head hurt. ( he def. does not have an ear infection now. )

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Yeah...it can cause them. And sinus meds sometimes help. Although he is probably too young.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• They can be... I know that when I have had cavities they often times make my head hurt.... Especially if the cavities have eaten down to the nerve
    littlestar85257

Answer by littlestar85257 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I've never heard of that, but I suppose it's possible.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yes, they can cause headaches. I agree that the sinus meds will help. I have cavities that won't be getting filled anytime soon because I have NO insurance and can't afford it and when my teeth hurt, I get a headache and take a sinus pill and it goes away.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Definitely possible.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:22 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would think so.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:27 AM on Nov. 7, 2010