can you still be???

can you still be pregnant if a urine test and blood test come back negitive?
it has been 2 months now and i have had no period and my doctor dosnt know what to think. i have a 3 year old son but he was a suprise but this time i have been keeping very close attention.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The blood test are pretty dead on. If you had a negative reading there, most likely you are not pregnant. However there is a very slim chance that you are. If you are still curious about it, wait a week and try again. Unlike blood test, urine tests can give a lot of false negatives.

When you read about something being 99.9% accurate, they are talking about if you get a positive reading.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 12:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• IF you still feel you are pregnant, I would rquest an ultrasound. They cannot refuse you an ultrasound. Also, they can do a pelvic exam to confirm pregnancy. However, if you do not trust your doctor, I would bypass the pelvis and demand an ltrasound. Ultrasounds don't lie. Best of luck to you.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Ask for an ultrasound. If you are pregnant it will be seen. If you are not, maybe something else would show up. My BFF was three months pregnant before she knew. And the only reason she knew was because of U/S. it isn't common, but you know they have a new TV show called I didn't know I was pregnant. So it happens. When was your last thyroid screen??
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Blood test are usually the best indicator as they pick up on the hormone created by the placenta...That being said I guess it could be possible for it to not show up if something is hiding it. I have no idea if this can happen or not. The other thing is that stress and constantly thinking about it can cause a period to not start. I would maybe think about switching Gyno/OB just for a second opinion. It seems like if nothing else they would need to be figuring out why you aren't cycling. That couldn't be healthy I would think...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I had a friend who did not produce the pregnancy horomone, She found out when she went into labor that she was preggos. She had 2 blood tests for pregnancy that were negetive. The dr ultimately diagnosed her with a heart failure condition. Her symtoms went away after the birth of the baby.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 5:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2008