Night Contractions?

I've been going through these for days, the hospital gave me brethine to stop them. They've only gotten worse and soo much more painful. It does seem like they are more frequent at night though, is this normal? I think I'm going to call the doctor, I don't want to wait for my water to break to go to the hospital if my body is registering in every other way that I might be ready....should I?

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Go be checked. You may feel them more at night because you are trying to rest and that's when they are most noticeable. They can be worse, but if they are not regular, they are not real and they will send you home because of false labor. But always be safe than sorry. You may need something stronger if the brethine isn't working. And then again sometimes contractions just can't be stopped.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I went into preterm labor at 33 1/2 weeks, and they gave me that stuff first and it made my contractions worse. They ended up giving me Terbutaline (which i find out now is really bad for your baby!!) and that finally made it stop. So like the first poster said, maybe its just not strong enough for you.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2008