Do you take Alli

how do you like it? any side effects other then the digestive issues? does it really work?

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 1:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have not taken it personaly, but I worked in a health food store and am knowledgeable about it and have gotten lots of reviews from my customers. Basically, Alli is the over the counter version of the prescription drug, Orlistat. It blocks the body's ability to absorb fat. Which if you plan on going on an all fruits/veggies diet (raw), then you won't have the digestive issues...but if not, you absolutely must follow the diet with no deviance! Otherwise grab a pack of depends... no, really. Because it will flush all the fat out of your system acting like a laxative...you get the picture. Does it work? Yes. Is it easy? No. Would I take it? No way... they still don't know the long term side effects. Pretty much all of my customers brought it back... I remember one in particular: She forgot she was taking it, and ate some french fries... She had a major business pres. to do, and during it, she had a major blowout... embarrasing!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Nope....and I won't take it either. There's always MAJOR drawbacks to any type of "quick fix" diet drug o.O
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:35 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I would never take it either. It surprises me how ladies still post saying they want to start taking this.....this past Spring it was linked to causing liver damage and liver failure....it's been killing people! Sure you're lose weight, you'll look nice and thin in the coffin!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I would never take this!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:48 AM on Jan. 10, 2011