92/56 blood pressure?

Lately I've been feeling light headed and my vision is getting dim.. after eating it gets brighter for awhile.
I bought a blood pressure machine and it keeps coming back 70/50 80/60 and the last reading was just 92/56
I am by no means skinny. I weigh 220-230 and am 5'3
why is my blood pressure so low? its really affecting my eyesight im not sure how to keep it higher

I'm 28 and dont take any medicines

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Health

• I too have low blood pressure issues. Keep well hydrated, drink some OJ or Coke when you're feeling light headed. Never get up quickly from a laying/sitting position. Make an appointment with your doctor if it stays too low (70/50 is getting borderline - organ shut down low)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• are you pregnant?
    Actually, docs want our blood pressure to be closer to 100/50-120/70. so while your readings are on the low side, they aren't "dangerous". Do you feel lightheaded when you stand up from sitting or lying down? Do you have any chest or upperback discomfort? Do you eat well? If you are feeling lightheaded when standing up or if you have any chest or upperback discomfort, call the doc and go in for a checkup. If not, I'd say go to have your eyes checked. An ophthmologist can tell a lot about your general health by looking into your retinas. If you want to p.m. me, I'll try to help you out more. I'll be more available in the evening.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• You need to go in and get seen. If you're getting light headed and have vision problems associated with this, that's not good.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Please have a check up and describe exactly what is happening.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2010