Home School, Private School, or Public School

Debating where to send my daughter for kindergarten.

MaggieNSamsMom

Asked by MaggieNSamsMom at 1:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have always public schooled.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I would never choose anything but Public School...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i love public school!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Well that is completely up to you. I would check out the home-school curriculum & contact your state for their guidelines. Check the staff & what type of schooling they have had (both public & private school teachers). There is a website (I will try to find it) that grades all the schools in your district and allows people who have kids that go there...or have gone there to rate the school & leave comments as well. It is pretty interesting, I'll try to find it.
    If you find a private school that you like & is a great school & can afford it, go for it!
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 1:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Have you looked into any charter schools in the area. Many charter schools have a specific nich that they focus on the one my kids attend is a science and music based program and we love it.
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 1:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• schooldigger.com

http://www.greatschools.org/

schoolmatters.com
    publicschoolreview.com
    privateschoolreview.com

I don't think any of them are the link I was referring to. I called my mom, who of course isn't home to get me the answer, lol.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 1:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• There was a discussion about this today. It might be worth looking at those answers although it wasn't exactly the same question. Look under the General Parenting questions for today. (use tabs at top of page)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It really depends on where you are. We have really good public schools here and are very happy with them. However, where we lived before here, had we not moved before my son started school, we would have put him in a private school.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Public school for my kids
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 9:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• We home-school and love it!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2010