What is your understanding of Matthew 24: 14?

Which states "And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come." - NLT

dgall3

Asked by dgall3 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• When all hear the truth, all will be liberated. The end may not mean the end as we know it, it may just mean the end of strife, the end of human suffering.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 7:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My understanding is that every single person on earth will somehow hear the gospel, and once everyone has had a chance to accept the gift of salvation, then Jesus will come back to get those who chose him, and then the tribulation begins... which is in and of itself a time for people to choose... last chance kind of thing. I have heard of people having visions of an angel preaching the gospel to them in like the deep places in Africa where no one has had the chance to get to them yet to tell them, or God sending someone to them specifically. I'm sure, even though it sounds hard,God knows how he'll get it done. I mean come on, who would have thought back in the wagon days that we could see things that are happening at the exact moment we see them all the way across the world? (Live Television via Sattelite...) All I know is that God is true to his word, and somehow He'll get it done.
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 2:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It is a prophecy given by Jesus and it says basically what you posted. That is one "election" I will be ready for :)
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 2:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• PP answered it perfectly :)
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 3:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Im thinking the end of society once the truth of life has liberated all hearts and minds that can defend themselves.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 3:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• momofredhedz answered this well
    A side note.... I believe that its not meaning the end of the world but the end of the age as we know it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Some believe that Jehovah's Witnesses are spreading this good news. They preach in 235 lands in over 400 languages.
    dgall3

Comment by dgall3 (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2010