Do you have

any ethnic traditions you incorporate into your holiday meals or decorating? I bought a hand blown glass flag of Poland at a festival over the summer, can't wait to hang it up on the tree. We also leave an empty place setting at the table..to remind us no one should be alone at Christmas and anyone is welcome at our meal, as Mary and Joseph could not find room at the Inn. Another Polish tradition.

salexander

Asked by salexander at 1:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• no
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 1:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• A few years ago my mom bought me a beautiful Adventskalendar for Christmas. I am looking forward to opening it daily with my son!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I'm going to say Nope but I am american and I decorate like that. My dh is Swedish and I would like to try to do something for that even though he has never lived there
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• That's a great tradition, I like that. We don't have any real ethnic traditions, just mainly lots of good southern food, since we are both from Texas lol.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2010