4 month old with sweaty feet?

My 4 month old has feet that sweat all the time! My dh jokes and says he gets it from me, and he does have a point. As nasty as it sounds I do have to change my socks at least once during the day or they will smell at night. Is this just a hereditary thing, or could it be a sign of a problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• your not alone. my 4mth boy has sweaty stinky nacho cheese smelling feet too. i talked to my doc. and she said that since babies have different temps. and sweating glands are still coming through that sometimes we put to much clothes on them and through the hands and feet are the only way they can vent. so i usually have him in a onesie and some socks. but if its really warm i take the socks off for a while. i live in the south so its never really cold.
    anothergage

Answer by anothergage at 10:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• There is a condition where a child will have adult like perspiration, I forget the actual name of it, but we just tested a 9 year old the other day (I work in a lab) and dear lord not to be rude but she smelled like a teenage boy who just got out of football practice.

At 4 months i would not worry about it. Kaylee gets clammy feet sometimes...I am not sure what causes it, aside from being warm, but I would not put too much thought into it until he is older. However, as always, if you are really concerned you can ask about it at his next dr. appointment.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• it might just be hereditary you could call the doc to make sure tho
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2008