Train Table

We bought the imaginarium Train Table for our son's 3rd birthday but from people i know who have it, apparently it can fall apart ( the tracks and accessories ) I am thinking of using that 3m sticky goop but does any one have any other ideas? I don't want to use double sided tape cause that peels off and leaves sticky crap but I want to have the table put together for him to see it on Sunday when we get home from his party .. me and daddy are getting a bottle of wine and spending as long as it takes sat night putting it together...

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Those tables in hobby and toy stores glue the track to the table and glue and tack the tracks together, but i would NOT do this. Tracks don't fall apart from kids playing with them, unless there is a bridge and they are rough. One three piece bridge set I glued the three pieces together once but that's it. If you make it permenant you can't change the design, add new track, move the track to the floor or use the table for anything else.

My son is 6 and has had a train table and endless track since he was 2.....the track doesn't fall apart.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2010

• I don't know, but good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Go to your neighborhood hardware store and get their advice. Look for the person who has been there for a while, and knows what he/she is talking about.

When my son turned 4, we made a train table for him from an old coffee table (wood), a wooden train set, and blue & green felt (for the grass and water). We used a spray glue to affix the felt, and a super glue to attach the tracks to that. My son was never the 'take it apart' type, so that worked fine for him.

Good Luck! :-D
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 10:30 PM on Nov. 6, 2010