pre-natal vitamin

I started to have brown discharge after I took the prenatal vitamin. Is it ok to continue? Or it is not the cause. Im still early in pregnancy.

Thanks in advance.

grayima

Asked by grayima at 12:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I've never heard of the prenatals affecting people like that. check with your doc. If it is the case, it may just be the particular type or prenatal that you're taking. good luck. hopefully it's nothing else!!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I can't think of a reason that a vitamin would cause that. It sounds like the timing is coincidental. How far along are you? Have you had sex or an exam in the last 3 or 4 days? Brown means old blood, so it's usually fine, but you should get ahold of your doctor anyway.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I would call your OB right away. I doubt it has anything to do with the vitamins but it's always best to ask the experts. They may want you to come in for a quick exam to make sure everything is still going great.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I don't think it's from the vitamin but I would contact the doc if the blood is fresh. Like bright red. I heard other brown light spotting is normal in some women
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Brown discharch (old blood) is perfectly fine and normal during any given pregnancy. I would not rush to your OB (maybe she is having a home birth? OBs are not standard or for everyone) I don't think it has anythig to do with your prenatals. HJowever, prenatals can affect your pee. They may make it strong or neon or pinkish. I take 4 little critters chewy vitamins and my widwife says that is okay, since prenatals my my pee super fowl smelling and neon green. You are fine honey, if you get funky smelling discharge, I would, however, notify your care provider, or do some reserach on a credible site if providing your own prenatal care.
    Best of luck
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• That happened to me for a few days, even the color of my pee was a weird color. I called my OB and she said it was normal! :] so it should be normal because my OB said it was for me. :)
    Anonymous