Do any of you feel like your Mother is jealous of you?

My Mom would be loathe to admit it, even to herself, and she is a good person basically but I swear she's giddy when I fail and miserable when I'm doing well. She makes subtle jokes when I do something flaky, implying that I'm stupid...she manages to do it in this sweet offhanded way but the feeling that she kind of hates me in a way is such an awful feeling..do any of you ever feel the same way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• yeh, my mother loves to critisize my every move. My husband and I have a really good relationship and I think it drives her crazy! She loves it when I screw up. It does suck, thats your mom and you wouldn't think a mother would get pleasure out of your pain but, what can you do except try to do better by your kids. Anymore I find myself avoiding her and thats sad cause we used to be really close but the older she gets the worse it gets. Have you ever told her how you feel?
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• wow thats sucks for you my mom and i are really cool

sorry your missing out
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My mom has passed on so no.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 1:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• YES
    Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My mom once admitted to me when I was 12 that she was jealous of me being pretty. She is a real bitch to me and always has been. She loves when I make mistakes or when things are hard for me. She has tried many times to take my kids away from me. I have tried for 20 yrs to make a relationship with her, but with counseling I have finally learned that the problem honestly isn't me - it's her. I do not love her. I hate her - in fact I don't call her my mom. To me she is Dorothy and that's the nicest thing I can call her.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• no but again I do not have a relationship with her for different reasons...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• No
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 3:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• No, my mom is very supportive and tells me she thinks I'm a great mom (which really means a lot to me). My MIL on the other hand, well, let's just say that we don't see eye-to-eye on anything.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I feel for you. This sounds like she really has some problems. My mom always knows what to say to push my buttons, in the sweetest way. Like in a crowd of people she'll say, "Haven't you gained some weight" (she is overweight) , or "Are you sure you want to wear that" (she does not dress well at all), and if I say anything in return she says she was just trying to be helpful. I told her, in a nice way that being always critical of me is the reason I don't visit her much.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:13 AM on Nov. 6, 2010