Do you volunteer at your child/children school?

What do you do while you volunteer?

1Giovanni

Asked by 1Giovanni at 1:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes, i help in the class, i file papers, grade papers, and I make copies/laminate...etc. anything i can do to help :)
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I did when I had kids in school.  I volunteered for the playground, lunch duties,  for the class parties, plays, etc.

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 2:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I love to volunteer at the school. I work in the library, help with friday folders, field trips and help prepare things at home.
    1Giovanni

Comment by 1Giovanni (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I would love to have time to volunteer more, but I am always up for bringing snacks or anything that I can take in. No time during the day, and I have to know a long time in advance to get the day off.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Bubbie can you help do things at home? I know that in class things is hard for me to do because my son acts up when I am there, but she has more then enoug things that I can help with at home. LIke cutting things, stable things, or even sharpen pencils for them. I don't know what grades or if they do that where you are at, but I am really happy that I can help out even at home.
    1Giovanni

Comment by 1Giovanni (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I never have.  For one I have small kids at home (currently a 4yo and a 3mo).  Second I just don't have the energy (related to health problem).  I can barely pull myself out of bed half the time and taking care of the kids and house wears me out.  Third I have major social anxiety.  I do not like being around people and going into new places is terrifying no matter what I do.  Just the thought of going over to the school for anything sends me into a panic.

I think once my youngest is older and the 4yo is in school I might try to do a little volunteering.  I offered to help with things that I can do from home (like stapling and stuff) for my 2nd grader's class.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I do not because my children are older and find it to be uncomfortable...I did when they were younger and loved it...I will again once D starts school. (Thats in 5 yrs LOL)
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I bring in snacks, volunteer at parties, volunteer of a Aide is sick,etc.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I did until we started to homeschool and even after I pulled them out I stayed with our younger daughter's PTO for six months because they could not get anyone to take my position.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2010