When should I start potty trainning with my daughter?

My daughter is only 10 months almost 11 so I know is way to early for that, but I'ld like to know when is a good time to start..thanks

Pukity

Asked by Pukity at 1:38 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She will show you signs of when she is ready.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 1:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• first let her be the one to decide do not force the potty training she will get it on her own also when she is ready let her be a round a big kid sometimes that helps more
    mom2mygirls0208

Answer by mom2mygirls0208 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• wait for cues from her that she is ready. as a good friend told me "just go with the flow!".
    collinsmomma656

Answer by collinsmomma656 at 3:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I bought my daughter a potty when she was able to walk then every time i went to go potty i took her with me and asked her to sit on her potty. pull ups are much easier at this point then diapers obviously. when she is ready she will go and show you signs. we already have a natural advantage i hear girls are way easier to train then boys my daughter was potty trained 2 weeks b4 her 2nd birthday my girlfriends son is going to be three in a month and he doesnt seem to be able to grasp the concept at all..
    lovinmybaby87

Answer by lovinmybaby87 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I would say wait for cues. In my opinion, the child should be at least able to walk or get to the potty.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 10:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• We do elimination communication. My daughter is 5 months and she potties about 2-4 times a day in her potty. It's not the same as potty training. It's really just a way to normalize the potty. I can tell when she needs to go and sit her on the potty. She goes. I put her diaper back on because it is dry. Its fun for us.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:15 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Dont even try! lol.... Your baby will let you know when she is ready..lots of moms mess up by telling their babies when its time and they end up just wasting time! My kids were all about 2 1/2 when they started and was totaly out of dipers by 3..So you got alittle while but soak it up! Babies wont be babies for long:(
    mommyoffive1983

Answer by mommyoffive1983 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2010