Dumb question

how do I start on line banking? Do I have to sign up with each company and how do I get it set up so they are all on like one account where I take it from my bank account and pay to each company?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well, you're actually asking two questions. Your first question is about online banking. Your second question is about online bill pay. Two seperate things. Online banking allows you to view your accounts (checking and savings) and transfer money from one account to another. You set that up on your bank's website. Online bill pay is what you set up to have bills paid automatically from your checking or savings account. You set that up one company at a time on their website. Utilities companies, credit cards and mortgage lenders all offer online bill pay.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Go to your bank website and there should be a section that shows you how to set it up. there's also online billing and you can set it up to pay bills, well at least that's how bank of america works. On most bank sites, they usually have a help center if you get confused and sometimes they have live people you can talk to and they can talk you through it.
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 1:52 PM on Nov. 5, 2010