Kind of irritated...vent

Well I was suppose to have my 38 week appointment this morning but my O.B. office called and they have NO doctors in today for a few different reasons. And I am just like how can all the doctors be out on the same day?? Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this.

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 1:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would be a bit put off by this as well, but let's just hope they are all out bc they are providing exceptional care to other patients and be thankful that when your time comes you can expect nothing less. :) I feel your frustration though.
    LSUFFMomma

Answer by LSUFFMomma at 2:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I can understand your frustration, but doctors have emergencies too sometimes.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I would certainly imagine it was not planned. They must have all needed to be somewhere for different reason. Just be thankful that when you are in labor that they are there with you but in the mean time there might be someone that is pregnant that was hoping to make their 38 week appointment.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Doctors get sick, their kids get sick, their sitter calls off at the last minute...and we all know babies come whenever they darn well please. Sure I'd be a little irritated I guess because it inconveniences you, but at least they called and didn't let you come up there THEN tell you!
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i get you, it is annoying. never heard that happen before when all of them are gone at once, but like the other people said things come up...but it still is frustrating bcause it conflicts with your agenda =/
    joymoon87

Answer by joymoon87 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I am not trying to be mean, BUT, you are not the only pregnant woman in the world. There are often emergencies that arise that cause Dr's (ESPECIALLY OBGYN) to have to cancel appointments. It has happened to me twice. But my OBGYN was the only one for a whole town... lol
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 9:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2010