why does he have to be a jerk?

I went on a job interview last Tuesday and still haven't heard anything back from the doctor I interviewed with. I called him Monday and left a message, no call back....I called him today at about 10:30, still no call back. I probally don't have the job but he could call back and let me know something, right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• Sorry to hear... I hate it when you are so anxious to hear back from someone ~ about anything important like that ~ and you don't hear from them for days or longer... Good luck!
    jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 7:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It would be nice!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Unfortunately, nowadays, it's pretty much expected that if you didn't get the job (or a second interview, depending) that you won't hear back from them.

Also, stop calling. There is a fine line between persistance and harassment and you've already called twice.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• yes i hate that. same thing happened to me not that long ago.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:55 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Unfortunately they don't have too inform you right away. You'll probably get a letter in the mail a month later saying you didn't get the job. But, crossing my fingers and hope you do get it or a good one soon!
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Seriously, why is he a jerk? That's really mature....your gonna wind up really dissapointed if you wait for a call from every place you apply at.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i would keep calling it's always good to be persistent when it comes to applying for work!!
    Kenziesmomma558

Answer by Kenziesmomma558 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• No, they don't. It doesn't bother me when they don't call. I figure if I didn't get a call back, then I didn't get the job. Why do you need someone to tell you? I have done hiring before and I don't call everyone to tell them they didn't get the job,I'd think that would be more dissapointing, plus I don't have time to call back 30 applicants.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 5, 2010