Child psychologist, Jeff Gardere, told Sarah from Missouri it's the "worst nightmare" of both heterosexual and gay couples "to have to fathom that their child might be gay."

What about you? Of all the worries out there, is this really your worst nightmare when it comes to your child?

Of all the worries I have about my kids, the idea of my kids being Gay isn't anywhere in that list...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• SabrinaMBowen

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Not at all. I could care less if Felipe is gay or straight.

My worst fear is him getting hurt.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 2:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Nope, nowhere in the "nightmare" realm for me personally..

I can think of several things that would rate "nightmare", and being gay, not anywhere near that list.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:02 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Really? I personally couldn't care less.... I'd be sad, but only because I know certain people would discrimate against him, not because I would have a problem with it. That's nowhere NEAR my list of "nightmares" either.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• if he were gay I would never have to worry about him knocking up a girl as a teen...and I would have a great shopping partner later in life!

my biggest fear is that he gets injured or killled...or turns out to be a 40 year old living in my basement.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 2:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Sorry, but this would not constitute a nightmare for me. As long as he's happy, I don't care if Evan is gay or straight.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:05 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My biggest fear is that my ex will abduct one of them again, and that they'll be injured or killed.

I already have my suspicions about one of my sons, and if it turns out that he IS gay, I won't even think twice about it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My child being gay to me is not a worry. But the way others would treat him is a worry to me. I will love my child regardless, but I do worry if they are gay that they will be ostracized, bullied, abused, killed for being true to themselves.

We all want the easiest, least complicated life for our children. We all want to cushion them from the horrors of life.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:09 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Of all the nightmares I have, my child being gay isnt one of them at all. Its sad that people really think that being gay is so awful, it constitutes as a nightmare. If your child grows up to become happy, successful (whatever that means to them), and in a loving relationship, why should it matter who they choose to love?
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I fear them dying young or inheriting some crappy genetic disorder from one of us.

And aside from the social and legal ramifications of being gay (unable to be legally married in our state, getting bashed, etc.) I don't fear the fact that one of my children could possibly be gay.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2010