Boiler Broke.

Any tips on how to keep new baby warm, please. We have nowhere else nearby to go and it's freezing here. :S And I've rang them up and the stupid people can't fix it for a few days yet. So we don't have heating or hot water.

sarah221

Asked by sarah221 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Dress in warm pjs and blankets. Maybe a warm bath and body heat always works.
    envyme72

Answer by envyme72 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Keep the baby bundled up, and if that doesn't work, then strip the baby down (yes, down to their little diaper) and go skin to skin with them and bundle the both of you up together.

The first time I gave Kaylee a bath I swear she was cold as an ice-cube right after, and I did that and she was fine.

Oh, and I would call whoever you called back and tell them that you have a newborn and you need to have heat. If they still can't make it out, make a trip to target or Costco and buy a space heater for $30 or so, you don't need a fancy one, just one to get you though.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2008