not understanding vaccines and allergies?

moms here in this forum talk about vaccines and that children with allergies shouldn't be getting them. My question is how can a mom know specially a first time know if her baby has allergies or not. Assuming that the baby was born with allergies how can the doctor know if a baby has allergies at 2 days of being born. I'm saying two days because I think that the baby would have to get a shot shortly after born.
Does anyone ever talked about this with the ped or any other specialist. Seems out of ordinary to assume that vaccines can affect children with allergies. I'm sooooooooooo confuse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I believe in getting vaccines and I also don't believe there is any correlation with autism and vaccines. I gave the controversial MMR shot to my son 6 months late and he does have Autism, having all the signs prior to getting the vaccine. But I am not sure of all of the shots and their being necessary. It seems like more and more vaccines are being given to our kids.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 10, 2010

• Well, the HIB shot they get in the hospital is made with Yeast....you would have NO clue if you day old is allergic..THIS is why I will be delaying all shots until my child is at least a year, maybe 18 months old. Then, all shots will be spaced out and given one at a time. Never would I give a 2 day old a shot, nor would I give any kid 4+ shots at one sitting.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My sons doctor spaces them out. I am very comfortable with vaccinating my son. The vaccine/autism link has been disproven, I see no reason not to vaccinate. The diseases they prevent, polio,whooping cough, measles, mumps, rubella, etc. are horrible. My child should not have to even know what they are.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:36 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• The usually isn't a way to know whether or not has any allergies before the doctors try to push vaccines on them... Which is one more - yes, one more - reason not to vaccinate, or at least to wait.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Wow..I never said I wasn't going to vaccinate at all...But, I will know if my kid has food allergies before I give them a shot.

Have you seen what it looks like when a baby allergic to yeast gets the HiB shot? They swell up 2+x's their size and then die.

http://www.wiseupjournal.com/?p=937

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:59 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Its my understanding....what my ped has said....if u have sever allergies and/or they run in ur close family...sister/brother mom/dad nieces/nephews....then they give you the option of delaying the first vaccine.....my dd had hers delayed because of our family having severe allergies to eggs and such....plus we all have asthma....so i would say wait for the first ones if their is a history...but without one dont wait....i didnt wanna wait because i was afraid of her getting sick....but the reaction was more severe so we waited
    macksmom716

Answer by macksmom716 at 4:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I think it's very important to be an educated parent. Chances are, if you have a competent pediatrician, he/she is going to know when the risk outweighs the benefits. Complications to vaccines, particularly life threatening ones, are rare. I think it's very sad that there have been places in the United States that have had outbreaks of diseases we'd eradicated twenty years ago because parents are not making completely informed choices.
    grace727

Answer by grace727 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• If they're allergic to eggs,which several vaccines contain,they can have severe allergic reactions.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• If the government were to say that vaccines aren't completely safe then vaccines could become a public safety issue.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 2:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I'm guessing you are "anon"... lol Don't you love that feature. You can't add any info to your post without showing who you are.
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2010