did you successfully quit smoking w/ the help of nicotine gum?

Yesterday I turned 30 years old. I decided now is a good time than any to quit smoking. While my lungs are still young and able to heal, for my son and for my well being. I bought the 2 mg gum today and chewed one on the way home. I havent smoked all day today and really felt the nicotine. I felt a bit buzzed! I havent felt that buzz from a cigarette since I was really young and not a frequent smoker! Even if the gum didnt help, but you quit or you are trying...CONGRATS LADIES!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 2:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Health

• Nope I quite cold turkey about 15 years ago.

Answer by louise2 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I hated the gum, I seriously felt like I was chewing on a cigarette butt, it was gross (to me)! What helped me a lot was the patch. Like you, at first it would totally give me a buzz though, heh. But I only used it for about a week, and after that, I was good to go!

Congrats on quitting, hang in there!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I quit with the patch. I also like quitnet.com you can track your progress on their. You can do it!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Yes, I was always able to pick up and drop the habit without suffering from any withdrawal or cravings. I went from smoking a pack & a half a day to quitting cold turkey, and did fine. But I don't think that's a common experience.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have the gum around but it makes me nauseous. The patch wasnt to effective either. I should just quit cold turkey, but between my husband , and kid I dont dare to just yet!
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 10:59 AM on Nov. 7, 2010