What kind of birth did you have?? All natural, epidural, c-section, what?? And what was your experience with it??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 2:14 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• c-section ~ Labor for 12 hours, baby was breech = c-section. I just felt numb
    VBAC ~ epidural, internal monitor, AROM, you name it, i did it. Happy!
    VBAC ~ natural, AWESOME!
    VBAC ~ natural, AWESOME!
    VBAC ~ natural, AWESOME!
    UBAC ~ unassisted birth at home, DH caught. It was remarkable! Double Awesome! words cannot describe! :)
    scheduled c-section ~ defeated.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• 7 hours. No epi. Vaginal delivery. 2 pushes. AWESOME.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I wanted a natural birth, and ended up with every intervention available, ending in a c-section. It was quite traumatic, and I really hope for a VBAC next time around.
    My water broke before I had contractions. I made the mistake of heading to the hospital when my water broke. I wish I had stayed home until I was in active labor. I also had back labor. I got Fentanyl, which did nothing for me. Then I got an epidural, and that lead to a urinary catheter. They'd been having trouble with monitoring, so they put in an internal pressure monitor and a fetal scalp electrode. Then at 8cm, things slowed down, so they added Pitocin to the mix. Then I started pushing, and the doc used the vacuum extractor. Then my son's heart stopped. I was rushed to the OR, where, because I'd had the epidural, I was allowed to stay awake (otherwise, they would have had to put me under). It took me awhile to be okay with DS's birth.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• 3 Vaginal births, all 3 with an epidural. My first was a horrible experience. It might have been due to me being only 17 and couldn't handle it, but I blame most of it on the Dr. She didn't know what she was doing. She gave me the epidural when I was at 8 cm which was just too late, it didn't work. I tore and she cut me, stitched me up, and 10 days later when I felt I was about to die- I went to the clinic where a different Dr. found gauze still inside my Va-j-j that my Dr. hadn't removed before stitching me up! I had TSS and was instantly put on antibiotics. BUT- my second and third deliveries went well. The epidurals worked, I felt great, and both were much better experiences. I did try Stadol (spelling?) with the second, and I hated it. I felt high and couldn't stop laughing and talking about the strangest things from aliens to doing weird things to my husband. Everyone thought it was hilarious, but I didn't like the feelin
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I had an epidural and I was happy and pain free...until it wore off.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 2:15 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• D) all of the above?

I went all natural for about 26 hours then got an epi. about 9 hours later (4 of pushing) I had an emergency c-section.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I had 3 vaginal births, 2 csection. With the first I was natural until I had been pushing for 2 hours, at that point they realized they needed to use the vacuum and they wouldn't use it without an epidural. After they got his head out with the vacuum, his shoulders got stuck and they had to break his shoulder/collar bone to get him the rest of the way out. I had an epidural with my 2nd and 3rd. The recovery from my first birth was by FAR the hardest and took the longest (longer than the csections). If I hadn't had my tubes tied and was going to have another one, I would definitely go with the csection!

Answer by missanc at 2:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• 1 birth natural, 2 births with epidural. The epidural is the way that I will go with the 4th. Healing time for both was about the same. The epidurals made it so I could still move and feel everything it just took the worst part away. There was no extra interventions due to having the epidural. They just made the whole experience much more pleasant. For my husband as well.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• 1st pregnancy - Induced as I was overdue by 12 days, no dilated what so ever, emergency c-section
    2nd pregnancy - Elective c-section (much better btw)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:18 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i had an epi with my daughter, vaginal birth, pushed for 2 1/2 hours :( the epi made me so sick...i threw up throughout the time
    sarahmarie105

Answer by sarahmarie105 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2010