Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Broken molar, swollen gum area and what are my options for getting it treated without health insurance in CA?

I'm just taking Advil.

Answer Question

Asked by istealcookies at 2:16 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Health

Level 16 (2,616 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • go to the health dept. and see how much it cost for a dentist.

    Answer by canta1980 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • some states dont have a dentist at the health dep but the health department can give you info on volunteer dental services. Those places will ask for proof of income and such. Or try a dental college they do it for like half price. If a training dentist needs to perform the certain dental work that you need than you will qualify. They due this for grades to get licsensed and are monitered by a licsensed dentist. Other than that If its real bad and you cant get help you can find a dentist that will pull it for 100 to 200 dollars.

    Answer by mymestey at 2:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • Most dentists will give you a small discount if it's an emergency service.

    Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • You have many options. Call 211 and tell them you would like ALL the numbers to No or Low income dentist. 211 is the United Way info line, they have tons of info like this!!

    Answer by goldilocks70 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

  • Thank you so much!

    Comment by istealcookies (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.