When your child started Kindergarten

did you fine it hard to get up earlier in the morning & get a routine going knowing you can not be late! after so many years of being home relaxed? and maybe not a morning person?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes definitely since my son started Kindergarten less than 2 months ago I have yet to show up on time and believe it or not it really doesn't bother me but I have to face the fact that this boy might wind up getting kicked out of school because Mommy can't get him to school on time.I'm so used to going to bed and getting up late so I'm still not used to this thing called being on time and I really need to snap out of it but he's never been to school before Kindergarten so early to bed early to rise is something we'll probably never get used to so you're not alone on that issue,hope this helps good luck.
    mommys1luv

Answer by mommys1luv at 3:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Not really, it was not a big deal. But we always had a routine of getting up and getting ready. Mine were never in preschool so it was a bit of a shock just because we were so used to having days to ourselves but it was not really that hard of a transition.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• My son has always been such a happy morning person, so that made it MUCH easier. I, on the other hand, am NOT a morning person. lol
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 2:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• yes. my son started this past aug. i *think* we are in a good routine right, but it took some time.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 2:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Oh gosh yes,, and he is a huge napper, so we had some adjusting to do,, his bedtime is now FIRMLY 8;30,, it took about a month,, but I stuck to my guns!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:35 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I've never been a morning person, even as a child, but for the most part I haven't had a problem getting up early despite not going to bed before 2 AM on most nights. My daughters are both in school now, one in first grade and the other in pre-school, my sons always spend mornings working with their dad so I usually catch a nap from 8:45 to 10:30 - since my pre-schooler gets out at 11:45, that still gives me time to eat, shower and feel awake.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 4:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• MY DD STARTS IN A YEAR SO I HAVE A YEAR TO GET INTO A ROUTINE BUT I HAVE A HARD TIME WITH MORNINGS BUT I HAVE NO CHOICE IT WILL BE TOUGH BECAUSE I WILL BE TAKING MY YOUNG SON TOO & GETTING HIM UP ETC. & READY & OUT THE DOOR.
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2010