To douche or not to douche, that is the question...

Do you douche after your period and after sex..and sometimes just because you get that not so fresh feeling? I think the chemicals in douches are unhealthy so I use a natural herbal cleansing supplement. I want to smell fresh as a daisy when my man goes down..how about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Health

• Absolutely not. The vagina is self-cleaning, no need to mess with it. A good soak in the bathtub is plenty.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• No, never because it's not healthy. The vaginal is self cleaning - a shower is all that's required.

Answer by missanc at 2:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I DO NOT douche. My vagina cleanses itself like it's supposed to. I DO smell fresh as a daisy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I NEVER douche. It is actually bad for you. I have used the Rephresh after my periods and loved it. It helps restore your natural pHs levels.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Nope, don't do it, it kills the "good" bacteria along with the "bad" ones. It's not healthy to douche. Matter of fact, I wasn't even aware of the "douche" phenomenon till I moved here, heh. I never smell bad. Matter of fact, my fiance often remarks how good I smell :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:28 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Douching pushes to bacteria farther up in your vagina and it's not healthy. Your vagina self cleaning.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• NEVER EVER EVER douche or use Rephresh or herbal substitutes. Those are AWFUL for you!
    A vagina smells the way it does for a REASON. There are pheromones that are meant to attract a mate. You can do a lot of damage using douches. Have you ever asked your doctor about them??
    I am having a physical reaction thinking about how many of you are using them! Cringing doesn't begin to describe it!
    I'm with BradenIsMySon. I have NEVER douched, and I smell just fine. DH loves it.
    If you smell bad, then that's a sign of INFECTION that needs to be treated. Douche is NOT a treatment for "bad" smelling vagina.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Do not douche

Douching is bad for vaginal health. It not only washes away "bad" bacteria.. It also washes away the "good" bacteria that the vagina needs in order to stay healthy/ a regulated PH balance/and disturbs the natural cleaning process of the vagina. Douching can also cause damage to the delicate membranes the line the vagina as well.

The vagina is "self cleaning".
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Nope, never had a need to. Shower seems to really help out with that whole freshness thing : )
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• nope, I choose NOT to watch Glenn Beck
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2010