my Q is i am 43 and i hava been married about 5 tears and i want to have a baby 4 him only i dont know if it is to late i had lite spotting in aug. for one day but noughting since just i feel like i am going to start but i dont wut do i do

juana67

Asked by juana67 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• have you taken a pg test?
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 2:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Could you already be pregnant? You could talk to your doctor.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• i took a pg back in sep. but neg. and i havent talked to a doc. yet
    juana67

Comment by juana67 (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Have your OB run hormone tests. Hopefully you aren't already perimenopausal

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I think it is time to take another!! It is november,,,You need to talk to doc anyway, I was a 1st time older mom, and there are somethings you need to do!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It's November. You need to go to the doctor.

Answer by louise2 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I hate to be the one to ask this, but could it be menopause?

That can cause periods to go away or be strange and it can start early.

At the age of 43 it isn't unheard of to have a baby, but it is very unsafe. They say that 35 is really the oldest you should be.

Maybe you could adopt or something? After all, you said you "want to have a baby for HIM" and not for the both of you... maybe pregnancy just isn't for you? But I bet you'd be a great mommy! :) {If you aren't already since you're on CafeMOM}.

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Very UNSAFE? to have a baby over 35? Where do you get your information Memigen? A Cracker Jack box? Why don't you try sensitivity training before you come here again. Shame on you.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• P.S. To the original poster.....I am a first time mom at 39, mother to a beautiful, healthy baby girl. A completely complication-free pregnancy. I DO agree with the other posters though, anytime ANYONE is considering conceiving, a blood work-up is a good place to start. Get yourself some vitamins, and call your doctor. Good luck!
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• thank you for your answers and consernes. i m going to make a dr. appt. and why (DMac08) are you so insensetive at your first part of your answer. i don't think that was very nice.
    juana67

Comment by juana67 (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2010