I see a bunch of stuff about Palin being a heartbeat away from presidency, but doesn't anyone realize that Biden is also a heatbeat away?

No one knows how long they will live. What happens if Obama is elected and gets deathly ill or gets assasinated or in a fatal car accident or whatever. I understand it's about how old McCain is, but he's only 3 years older than the oldest president elected so far, and people live longer now than in the past. Who's to say McCain won't live to 103? Just wondering if all the Obama supporters are really supporters of Biden as well, and if they have thought as hard about not wanting Palin as much as thinking about how Biden would be if he had to take over the presidency?

kicknscreamn222

Asked by kicknscreamn222 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• people are so concerned with Palin because she is so inexperienced and Biden is not. she is very young and Biden really knows a whole lot more about running a country than her. not to say that i am voting for obama or anything, thats just why most people keep bringing that up.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 1:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• I would be devastated if something happened to Obama, but at least I know Biden is fully capable of running the country should he need to. Can't say the same about Palin. That's why there's "a bunch of stuff about Palin" and not about Biden. We don't have to worry about what would happen if Biden became president.
    Anonymous

• of all four of them, i would say Biden is most qualified to run this country. IMO
    KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 1:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• whoot whoot Obama whoot whoot Biden
    Anonymous

• i think biden is a smart ass and an idiot! palin would be a great president if something happened to mccain!! mccain and palin has my vote all the way!!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• i think biden would be a great president should something happen to obama.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 1:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• Palin is a joke, thats why.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't be afraid if Biden were to come into the presidency, I would however if Palin did, she doesn't know anything
    Anonymous

• Wow. What news channels do people watch who dismiss Palin's years of being a large state's EXECUTIVE officer as if it were "no experience"; "idiot"? I do remember that for a long time the Obama campaign and news voices kept putting her down because she had only been a mayor with a small number of people on her staff compared to Obama who had run a staff with many more people. ... !!! ... I could understand the Obama campaign being so very misleading and straining to sweep her governorship under the rug, but the TV and newspaper writers? I began to wonder if they ever thought up their own words or just copied them from campaign press releases and stories they watched on other TV stations ! ... How many Presidents have NOT been governors; have only been in Congress? I expect that Biden DOES know more about how things work behind the scenes in Wash DC than Mrs. Palin, but that gives her MORE credibility, not less.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2008

• people are so concerned with Palin because she is so inexperienced and Biden is not. she is very young and Biden really knows a whole lot more about running a country than her.

I think the same about Obama, I feel more comfortable with the VP being a little inexperienced than the President. Obama is not ready for this challenge.
    Anonymous