Water same as gold?

Do you really believe that water will be sell as gold in the future. Some predict that there would be wars over water. Should we laugh at this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It will be, soon. Maybe not in our lifetime, but soon. Everything will operate on water, and it will be more and more regulated.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Water is already worth more than gold to many people in this world in many parts of the world already.

Over 25 years ago (when I was in the Peace Corps) I lived in an Indian village, and the only water that could be gotten was 10 miles away. And it was one single rickety old faucet out in the middle of nowhere. And it provided the water for several villages (and all their inhabitants) for nearly 30 miles around. And that water wasn't even potable water. It was just the only water they had access to.. The need and demand for access to and supplies of potable water have become even greater in some areas of the world sense then.

When you travel into some areas of Africa, India, and even in the Middle East.. You can see how much there is a need (and demand for) potable water in this world..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• could be!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't doubt it. But I'm thinking it won't be anytime soon. There will probably come a day where gold holds no more value and people will pay great amounts for the things we need to survive, such as water.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• I have never heard of this idea. I hope I am long gone by then.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 2:31 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Water stocks...good thing to invest.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 2:32 PM on Nov. 5, 2010