Thank you to everybody's advice and I took my son to his pediatrician,she says it is Bronchitis so he's on a little antibiotic for 5 days and she says it's going to take a while for it to do its job so my question is how long does Antibiotics take to get into a child's system before he really feels better?

mommys1luv

Asked by mommys1luv at 2:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• bump
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 2:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It takes from 24 hours to 72. GL momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It can take a few days. The antibiotics don't work by treating his symptoms, they simply kill bacteria. So once the effects of the bacteria are under control, then he will start to have fewer symptoms. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:48 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It does tend to vary from person to person, but usually about 2 days for my little one. Did the doctor give your son a prescription for liquid albuterol? It's the same thing that's in rescue inhalers, and it opens up the airways. My daughter and I have both taken it with bronchitis, and it gets rid of the burning, itchy feeling and helps you breathe until the antibiotics kick in and reduce the swelling. If the doctor didn't write you a prescription for it, I'd call and ask for one. Hugs chica!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• you are welcome
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 11:20 AM on Nov. 6, 2010