Hemorrhoid Help adult content

My husband had a hemorrhoid and so I bought him some cream to take the discomfort away. So now the discomfort is gone but the hemorrhoid is still there. Does it go away on it's own or how do you get it to go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Health

• Usually they will go away on their own. It's just important not to strain when going to the bathroom. That will keep them there. If it gets painful or larger, or doesn't go away, I'd see a doctor.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:51 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• There is cream out there that helps with reducing the hemorrhoid. However, he should probably let his doctor know so if he does rip the hemorrhoid, it is not a surprise.
    tracimed

Answer by tracimed at 3:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• It should shrink down. He could try to tuck it back up inside with his fingers or finger wrapped around a piece of toilet paper. They don't actually just vanish. They just shrink.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• After my son was born, I had a horrible one that eventually went away on its own (at least I think it did). It took about 6 months though!!! If it is a really a huge annoyance, I believe they can cut them off or band it, which would cause it to fall off. I was a little too embarrassed to do that though... hence the six month wait.
    fireeyes81

Answer by fireeyes81 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Tucks pads and stool softeners
    heathers5500

Answer by heathers5500 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 6, 2010