Who do you sue when children get affected by vaccines?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Nov. 5, 2010 in Kids' Health

• you sue the U.S. government. they are in charge of the vaccine injury funds. it is very hard to win a settlement but it does happen. research your information and your lawyers very well!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:13 PM on Nov. 8, 2010

• they are poisonous toxins and have NEVER and WILL NEVER prevent any disease!!

Vaccines don't prevent polio? Or small pox? Or mumps? Or tetanus? Or Pertussis? Or diptheria? Or measles? Or rubella? What are you thinking???? If vaccine's don't prevent these diseases, where did they go? Believe me, as I said above, I have worked with children and adults with profound developmental and physical disabilities long enough to know that I NEED TO BE AWARE OF WHAT IS GOING INTO MY CHILD'S BODY. AND I DO. DO NOT judge me because I choose to vaccinate. I'm not judging you for choosing not to.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Babylove, seriously, there's no need to be vulgar.

You have your way of doing things, other people have theirs. If you choose not to vax, that's your call but you are sitting there quoting mis-truth's as fact. Your child/children may have had a bad reaction, however, vaccines AND better hygiene in this country, together, is what beat back disease. And, if you look closely at the statistics, those diseases ARE making a comeback in this country due to immigration from other countries where the diseases are still prevalent.

What you do with your child is great. You're the mom, but getting on the high horse and posting ignorant, vulgar comments does NOTHING to further your cause.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:18 AM on Nov. 6, 2010

• Baby Ian's story is so sad. But, his mother did point out that what happened to him is extremely rare. And, it sounded like the doctors at the hospital weren't really up to date on everything that could happen. Anybody can have a reaction to anything. For example, I took care of a girl with profound developmental and physical disabilities. She was born a typical, healthy baby. At 6 months old, she got an ear infection. I forget how the nurse described the specifics to me, but the fluid in her ears from the infection caused the brain damage because it wasn't treated properly. She could not walk, talk, feed herself or even sit up straight. She died last year. She was 30 years old. Do you think I'm not terrified every time my son gets an ear infection? Yes, I am. I worry about all of that. I am not denying that vaccines can cause injuries, but they are rare.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:34 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Here is where you report a vaccine injury: http://vaers.hhs.gov/index

Answer by rkoloms at 12:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• There is a national vaccine injury fund. I don't know how you go about proving the injury is vaccine related, but the fund is set up for a reason, and people receive reimbursement intended to cover the care of the injured person.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 1:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• It has been "proven" that there is no scientific link between vaccines and medical issues such as autism, so I am not sure.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Nope..vaccines Never ever cause ANY reaction...uh huh. Right.

You call up the vaccine injury hotline and tell them. Not sure you can sue.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• You can choose to space them out. That's what we did.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2010

• Its rare but serious reactions do happen. Its a risk you take. There is a vaccine injury fund to help those affected in that way. The reason there can be a fund is because its such a rare thing. If it happened all the time the fund would go bankrupt. I dont believe you can sue anyone. I guess you can try. I thought when you signed the release form for the shots you were acknowledging you were aware of the risks & were choosing to vaccinate of your own free will. You have to decide if you are willing to take the minuscule risk of a reaction vs. the protection of the vaccine against disease. For most children, the risk factor is small & there is more benefit from getting the vaccine.
    Anonymous